Saturday, May 14, 2011

Halfway Point

Today marks the halfway point of our trip. It also marks the first shower I've taken since I've been here. 'Clean' used to be just a word. Now it's something I'll try to achieve on a more regular basis during this trip.

I know rain has been a pretty consistent theme on my blog entries, but it's only because rain has been a pretty consistent theme on our trip. It literally rains EVERY night. Even if the forecast is perfect, it's still guaranteed to rain in the middle of the night. We've even come up with a term for the rain that occurs in the full morning sun, 'sun rain'. Sun rain is an interesting phenomenon. It gives you the illusion that the day is nice while, at the same time, presenting you with awful truth that it is indeed raining.

Phoenix at Quantum Field, New Zealand from Ryan Moon on Vimeo.


I finally got a video to upload (WOO HOO!). Here's me on one my favorite problems of the trip so far. A couple tries before this one, I fell from the top and scraped my forehead on the corner of the boulder. It freakin' hurt. Observe the evidence at the end of the video.

No comments:

Post a Comment