Friday, June 12, 2009

The Rhino

The toy dart guns that Eric and I bought aren't as fun as they once were. I assumed that they would be fun until up until the very end of the trip. I suppose getting shot in the face can only be fun for so long.

We recently revisited an area called roadside, also known as The Pass, where there was some sending, but mostly a lot of wind and heavy doses of bitching by yours truly. Walker ended up sending the mega classic Nutsa in his second try of the day. Yeah Walker! I did the stand which is a supposed V10 (Yeah effing right! More like V5.) wherein getting off the ground feels like V13 followed by super easy arete climbing. Fun stuff. Eric and I have been trying this really, really cool V9 traverse called Black Spider. Super, super fun moves in a really nice setting ending with a heartbreaker of a finish move resulting in me screaming a few times. Yikes. I'll be back for you Black Spider, you heartless son of a bitch!

Anywhooooo...

The Rhino! Sooooooo cool. How can you not want to climb a rock jutting out horizontally into space shaped like a rhino's head? We're not sure of the grade, but we settled somewhere around V8. I typically hate climbs I can't do, until of course I do them. However, this is one of few problems I wasn't able to complete that I'm super phsyched on. Woo Hoo! I still feel like hiking out to some of the more remote boulders is kinda scary. I always expect a cobra to come rising up from a bush and bite me in the neck or something.

1 comment:

  1. How dope is that formation? It must have been a joy to climb on that beastie.

    Joe

    ReplyDelete